Our villa is new constructed in 2015 and has a spacious living room with a wood burning stove, a large open plan kitchen, a dining area with table suitable for 8, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 separate toilets and sleeps 6, (possible to 7 or 8 in case there are 1 or 2 babies in your party). The site is 4400 m2 and fully fenced. From the living room you have access to the terrace from where there is a stunning view over the unspoiled area. In the garden you’ll find a 9x4m swimming pool with the similar exceptional view.
Of course there is WIFI available, the house is fully equipped (including dishwasher and a large 5-burner SMEG oven). There is a trampoline for the children and for the youngest we have a cot, high chair and buggy available.
Saint Jean de Laur is located in the Lot department, in the 'Parc Naturel Régional de Causses
du Quercy'. The lot department is situated in the North of the Midi-Pyrénées region in the
Southwest of France. Saint Jean de Laur is a charming little village with approximately 200 inhabitants. The village is situated at an altitude of about 300 to 400 meters and exists for the larger part of traditional stone houses ('maison en pierre'). The village itself does not offer any stores, however several times a week the baker is passing by with fresh baked bread. To obtain your daily shopping a 8 km ride to Cajarc or Limogne en Quercy is necessary. Here you also will find some restaurants and terraces. An extensive choise of (larger) shops is available at 20 km in Villefranche de Rouergue. At about 15 km from Saint Jean de Laur the medieval village of Saint Cirq Lapopie is located, chosen by the French population as
one of France´s most beautiful villages.
There are many things to do in the area such as:
- Canoeing on the rivers Lot and Célé, rock climbing or spelunking: it is all possible nearby.
- Hiking. The pure and unspoiled environment provides an almost unlimited amount of short walks, long walks or even multi-day walks. The "Office de Tourisme" of the department has a description of approximately 150 of them.
- Several caves in the Lot department can be visited. The most famous are the caves of Pech Merle and the cave of Padirac.
- Cycling and ATB. The countryside of the Lot provides a large range of options for the fanatical All Terrain Biker. Just hop on your bike and off you go!. Many small unpaved roads that traverse nature are freely accessible, or ask the Office de Tourisme for a predetermined route (the Tourist Office
has about 40 of them available).
- And finally: balloon flights, paragliding, horseback riding, boat trip on the Lot, karting, golf, fishing. Too much to mention.
|Address: Le Janal Haut|
|Zip/Postal Code: 46260|
|Latitude/Longitude: 44.418361 / 1.841872|
|Nearest airport||Rodez||80 km|
|Nearest bar / pub||Limogne en Quercy / Cajarc||8 km|
|Nearest boulangerie||Limogne en Quercy / Cajarc||8 km|
|Nearest doctor||Cabinet Medical||8 km|
|Nearest ferry port||Boulogne||900 km|
|Nearest market||Limogne en Quercy / Cajarc||8 km|
|Nearest restaurant||Limogne en Quercy / Cajarc||8 km|
|Nearest river||Lot||5 km|
|Nearest supermarket||Limogne en Quercy / Cajarc||8 km|
|Nearest train station||Villefranche de Rouergue||20 km|
Peaceful countryside location in the heart of the southern French countryside. Overlooking a beautiful, unspoiled area.
|-||Nightly rate||Weekly rate||Monthly rate||Min. Stay||Change-over|
|Rate summary||£94.44 - £201.77||£665.40 - £1,416.66||-||7 Nights||-|
|30-Mar-2024 - 26-Apr-2024||£94.44||-||£665.40||-||7 Nights||Sat - Sat|
|27-Apr-2024 - 31-May-2024||£121.92||-||£854.29||-||7 Nights||Sat - Sat|
|01-Jun-2024 - 05-Jul-2024||£133.94||-||£940.15||-||7 Nights||Sat - Sat|
|06-Jul-2024 - 30-Aug-2024||£201.77||-||£1,416.66||-||7 Nights||Sat - Sat|
|31-Aug-2024 - 27-Sep-2024||£140.81||-||£987.37||-||7 Nights||Sat - Sat|
|Addon type||Price||Charge type|
|Tourist taxes (per adult per night)||Mandatory||£1.50||Daily - per person|