For full T&Cs; please see my website www.airialmoustey.com
Rental Agreement and Booking Terms L’Airial, Moustey:
1. This Short-Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Nigel Bond (“Owner”) and the person(s) booking and paying (“Guest”). For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
2. The “Property” is located at 1140 chemin de Pelette, 40410 Moustey, France. The Property is also referred to as L’Airial or L’Airial, Moustey.
3. The Guest agrees to abide by this agreement and the rental rules at all times while at the Property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else the Guest permits on the Property to abide by the following booking terms while at the Property.
4. The Guest is responsible for all members of the Guest’s party residing at and/or using the facilities of the Property. The Guest agrees to be considerate and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in the same condition as they received it at the end of the rental period.
5. All information on the website is subject to errors or other mistakes. Data on the website is only meant to be supportive and never intended as advice. The Owner requests the user to report any inaccuracies or incompletion immediately after discovery. For this, we thank you very much, also on behalf of other users of the website.
6. The Owner reserves the right to make changes to the interior and/or exterior of the Property between the time of accepting the Guest’s booking and the date of the Guest’s rental period. For example, the Owner may make changes to the décor and colour schemes of rooms and the Owner cannot guarantee that the Property or its surrounds will be free from additional structures. The Owners will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that no components of the Guest’s holiday package have to be altered. However, as a holiday rental is normally put together a long time before scheduled arrival, the Owners reserve the right to make changes to certain components if this is necessary to comply with safety requirements or other changes in law or relevant codes of practice, or to make other minor changes which he believes will not be to the detriment of the overall holiday experience.
7. Check-in time is from 5pm. There is no guaranteed check-in before 5pm.
8. Check-out time is 10am. The Property must be completely vacated by check-out time in order have sufficient time to clean and prepare properly for next guests. Failure to comply may incur a surcharge. The Owner may request that on the day of departure the Guest and the Guest’s party vacate all the bedrooms located on the first floor of the Property by 9am to facilitate commencement of cleaning.
9. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the check-in time stated and the Guest shall not be entitled to remain in occupation of the Property or any part thereof after the check-out time (unless previously agreed with the Owner).
10. The Property is let on the understanding that the accommodation is for holiday use only, for the period specified and that no right to remain in the Property exists for the Guest or anyone in the Guest’s party beyond the specified date and time.
11. At no time during the period of permitted use may the Property be occupied overnight by more than the number of people specified in the booking (including children over 2 years old). An additional charge per person per night for persons in addition to specified number may be assessed.
12. Facilities at the Property are open only to be used by the Guest and those forming the Guest’s party and who are each staying in the Property as authorised guests. Please seek prior approval from the Owner should you expect external guests.
13. Guest must not sub-let the Property nor use it for any purposes other than a holiday house.
14. No caravans, camper vans, tents, or other accommodation will be placed at the Property without written permission.
15. The Owner, or the Owner’s agent, will prepare inventory of all the furnishings, fixtures, and fittings of the Property that will be reviewed, signed, and dated by both Guest and Owner (or Owner’s agent) upon check-in and check-out.
16. Any items damaged or missing will be noted on the inventory.
17. The Guest agrees not to allow any animals on the Property without prior agreement from Owner.
- When animals are allowed on the Property with prior agreement from the Owner:
18. Pets are to be pre-treated with appropriate topical flea and tick repellent prior to arrival. Ticks can be very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. The pet must have all necessary and appropriate vaccinations.
19. Guest agrees that pets are not to be left unattended inside or outside the Property at any time.
20. Guest will clean and properly dispose of all pet waste.
21. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
22. Pets must not cause damage to Property or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
23. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbours.
24. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets while on the Property.
25. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the Property.
- No Smoking Policy
26. The Guest agrees that anyone in the Guest’s party will not smoke inside the Property. A breach of this policy may result in a surcharge cleaning fee. If smoking outdoors please dispose of cigarette ends in a clean and responsible manner.
27. Linen is provided; this includes bed sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases, bath towels, face towels, pool towels, tea towels, and bath mats. No linen is provided for the baby cot.
28. Linen and towels are provided for use at Property only; Guest must not remove them from Property. We suggest you bring your own beach towels.
29. There is no daily housekeeping service. Daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
- Septic Tank:
30. The Property is not on mains sewerage and thus has its own and septic system. This is very common for rural areas of France and does not normally pose any problems as long as they are used properly. The micro station is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do not flush anything other than human waste and toilet paper. No feminine products, wet wipes, paper tissues, baby wipes, moist toilet tissues (even if marked “flushable”), nappies, cotton balls, cotton buds, makeup remover pads, facial wipes, dental floss, paper towels, bandages, plasters, condoms, medication, cigarette ends, pet waste, etc should be flushed at any time. If it is found that such items or any other inappropriate items have been flushed and clog or damage the septic system, the Guest may be charged damages.
31. The micro station is also not designed to take any abrasive chemicals such as bleaches. Only septic tank friendly products are to be used as these promote a healthy bacteria growth within these units.
32. Guests are not permitted to bring or hire hot tubs. The Property is not connected to mains drainage and the septic system is not suitable for taking discharge from the emptying of a hot tub, for reason of both sudden volume of water and the chemical content. The chemicals used in a hot tub to prevent disease and legionella means that it is not possible to empty directly into the ground.
- Charging of Electric Vehicles (EVs)
33. The Property does not have a dedicated electric vehicle (EV) charging point, nor does it have a power socket that is suitably rated, protected and certified as safe for charging an EV. It is therefore not permitted to charge EVs on the premises. A public EV charging point is located in Moustey village.
- Quiet Enjoyment and Parties
34. The Guest agrees to respect the rights of neighbours in regard to noise. Loud music is not permitted after 11pm. No parties, events, house parties, or weddings, are allowed at the Property without advance permission in writing.
35. The Guest agrees not to act in a way, which would cause disturbance to neighbouring properties as the Property is situated in a peaceful and tranquil neighbourhood and to observe at all times the local laws and not to conduct any unlawful activities at the Property. The Owner reserves the right to require any Guest or member of the Guest’s party deemed to be acting in an unreasonable or unlawful manner to immediately leave the Property.
36. Guest shall allow Owner and/or his agents access to the Property for purposes of repair, maintenance, and inspection. Owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- Swimming Pool
37. The swimming pool is available between 1st May and 30th September each year. The pool is not heated. The pool is regularly maintained but if unusual climatic changes occur, this may affect the chemical balance. If there are any problems with the water clarity, please contact the Owner or his agent. A safety notice and usage of swimming pool rules and regulations are found in the welcome folder and posted near the pool. Please ensure that all the safety notices are read and understood by Guest and all Guest’s party members and guests and that the regulations are strictly adhered to.
38. No glass, bottles or china to be taken or used in the pool area. Plastic glasses are provided. If any glass or china should fall into the pool, the Owner may need to empty, clean and refill the pool. This may take a number of days. The Guest may lose its Security Deposit and more as a consequence.
39. The Owner reserves the absolute right to close the pool or restrict the hours of the swimming use for any period of time in circumstances, which the Owner believes in their absolute discretion, to be necessary in the interests of health and safety.
40. The Owner is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience that may be suffered as a consequence of any unforeseen breakdown in the pumping/filtration or any other equipment used in the swimming pool.
41. The Guest is responsible for ensuring that no children are left unattended at any time whilst the swimming pool cover is open.
42. The Guest is responsible for ensuring that the swimming pool cover is closed and secured when unattended.
43. The Guest is responsible for ensuring that children and adults respect the swimming pool and related equipment at all times. The costs associated with repairing any damage to the pool will be borne in full by the Guest.
44. The Owner will make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety of the Guest and the Guest’s party, but no liability can be attached to the Owner for unsupervised children or adults being injured or hurt as a result of swimming or playing. The Guest is responsible for ensuring that that users of the swimming pool are adequately supervised at all times.
- Property Maintenance
45. Although every effort is made to maintain the Property in good order, wear and tear on a rental property is unavoidable. Please notify us as soon as possible if a problem relating to the property exists. Every effort will be made to rectify any problem that exists in a timely manner. Repairs will be made as soon as possible after notification.
46. The Guest shall report to the Owner, without delay, any defects in the Property, or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the Property, garden, or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible. Complaints as regards any defective or non-functional aspect of the Property or its facilities cannot be accepted upon, or after, the Guest’s departure.
47. The Owner shall not be liable to the Guest for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery appliance in the Property, garden, or swimming pool.
48. Wi-Fi is provided free of charge and very occasionally the connection is reset by the provider and can be down for some time as it is the case in the countryside and this is beyond the Owner’s control. The Owner cannot accept any responsibility for loss or lack of a stable internet connection. The Owner cannot be held liable for any loss of service including the inability to dial the emergency services due to loss of service. Any loss of electronic services is outside of the Owners’ control. However, every effort will be made to ensure full services are maintained. Please also be aware that the Property is about 200 years old with half a meter-thick stone walls which also can disrupt the signal from time to time depending on which part of the Property the signal may be bad in one room it may be good in another.
49. The Guest is responsible for the safe-keeping of the owner’s Property and content during the period booked. The Owner is not responsible for any stolen or lost items. Be safe and lock/close doors, windows and shutters when you are away and at night. Any breakage or damage to content or structure of the building must be reported promptly and the Owner will be entitled to recover from the Guest the cost of any repair or replacement needed due to Guest’s act or default.
50. The Guest promises that s/he will keep the property in a clean, habitable condition and in good repair (subject to reasonable wear and tear) carpets, furnishings and all other items of the Property; and all ﬁxtures and ﬁttings of the Property, including outdoor furniture; clean and keep free from blockages and obstructions all; baths, sinks, toilets, cisterns, drains, and the like; not damage, change, or remove any of the Owner installations, furniture, ﬁxtures and ﬁttings.
51. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy state and all furniture returned to the place in which it was found on arrival. Guests are fully responsible for cleaning all crockery, cutlery, pots, pans, kitchen equipment general utensils, oven, fireplaces, and BBQ and disposing of their rubbish in the prescribed way. If these items are left dirty the Guest may be charged an excess cleaning charge.
52. Whenever the Property is left unattended (including self check-out), the Guest will fasten all locks to all doors and gates and close windows/shutters, to prevent unauthorised access to the Property.
53. A call out due to lost keys or lockout may attract a fee to be paid by the Guest.
54. The Guest will not change or install any locks on any doors or windows nor have additional keys made.
- Security Deposit
55. Security deposit terms and conditions are specified on booking website/channel.
56. Policies may be superseded by extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the Owner.
57. The Guest agrees that the liability is not limited to the amount of the security deposit.
58. Booking cancellation terms and conditions are clearly stated on booking website/channel.
59. Cancellation policies may be superseded by extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the Owner.
60. If the Owner cancels a Guest’s reservation a full 100% refund will be made. Owner is not liable for any other costs, compensation, or payments. Owner will make every reasonable effort to avoid cancelling a Guest’s reservation.
61. If booking through other third party channels the prevailing cancellation and security deposit conditions published by the booking channel will be applicable.
- Foreigner Registration
62. Foreigner registration is required by French authorities for all nationalities except French Nationals. Pursuant to article R. 611 – 42 of code of the entry and stay of aliens and asylum, and for the purposes of prevention of disorders in public order, criminal investigation and research in the interest of the people, hoteliers, operators of villages and holiday residences family homes and residential villages of tourism, the tourism and bed and breakfast furniture rental operators of campgrounds, caravans and other serviced lots are required to complete and sign by the foreigner, upon his arrival, joint an individual police record, which the model is determined by order of the Minister of the Interior, the Minister for immigration and the Minister of tourism. The following information shall be provided and recorded: Dates of stay, Name, First Name(s), Date of birth, Place of birth, Permanent address, Nationality. This information is kept on file by the Owner for a period of 6 months and will be provided to the French authorities (eg police) if so requested. All such information will be securely destroyed after 6 months.
- Insurance and Liability
63. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur while on the Property.
64. The Guest will not do anything that could adversely affect the Owner’s insurance over the Property.
65. The personal effects of the Guest will not be insured by the Owner. The Guest acknowledges that all personal items and vehicles (including vehicle contents) of the Guest remain the Guest’s responsibility and the Owner accepts no responsibility for loss or damage.
66. In the event that the Guest uses facilities at the Property including swimming pool, such use is entirely at the Guest’s own risk at all times and the Owner accepts no responsibility for any injury or loss to the Guest. Children are to be supervised at all times by a parent or responsible adult.
67. Guest must have appropriate valid liability insurance for renting this Property. It is a normal condition of renting in France that the Guest has third party/personal liability insurance. This may also be referred to by its French name, assurance villegiature. French residents own home insurance normally covers when renting in France. Non-French residents will normally need adequate personal liability insurance to rent a house.
68. The Guest agrees, that should these conditions not be adhered to, the Owner or his agents will have the right to immediately terminate this contract and the Guest and all other persons will vacate the property immediately if requested to do so by the Owners or the Owners’ agent. In this event, the Guest agrees that no refund will be due or paid for any unused accommodation nights.
69. This Agreement has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement between the Owner and the Guest and each member of the Guest’s party. Only those changes or modifications to the Agreement that have been specifically placed in writing will be accepted. No person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have any rights under or in connection with it.
70. The Guest agrees that by making a booking, they indicate they accept these booking conditions as set out above.