Fontchauvaux Holiday Gites
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The properties known as Honeysuckle House and Violets Cottage (the properties/property) are offered for holiday rental subject to these Terms and Conditions and confirmation by the owner to the renter (the guest). These Terms and Conditions will be sent to the guest with the booking form. It is expected that, if the guest makes a booking, then they will have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
Enquiries, reservations and bookings
2. To book either of the properties directly with the owner an enquirer should contact the owner by email or telephone and request the dates to be reserved. If the reservation is accepted by the owner the dates will be 'penciled-in' only. The enquirer will be informed if another enquiry is received before the 25% non-refundable booking deposit (or full payment) is received. The first enquirer will be given first refusal.
3. In order that the non-refundable booking deposit may be paid, the owner will pass bank account and sort code details, or if preferred the PayPal** link, to the enquirer. Until cleared funds for the non-refundable booking deposit are received the booking will not be confirmed but the dates will remain 'penciled-in'. Following receipt of the non-refundable booking deposit, the owner will send a confirmation to the guest and is the formal acceptance of booking. The guest will also be sent a link to these Terms and Conditions and the date that the balance of payment falls due.
**If the guest chooses to pay by PayPal then any fees payable will be charged to the guest.
Holiday company bookings
4. Holiday companies using 'quick-book' systems will contact the owner on behalf of the guest, who have the option of accepting or rejecting the booking. If the booking is accepted by the owner then clause 3 above will apply and the non-refundable deposit required by the owner. The booking fee paid to the holiday company by the guest will be deducted from the advertised price by the owner.
Please note. The booking fee charged by the holiday company is not a deposit, and is therefore non-refundable under any circumstances.
5. The Terms and Conditions of the owner take precedence over those of the holiday booking company as the property is an independent business.
6. The balance of the rental (see clause 8) is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. When the balance is due the owner will send an email reminder. If payment is not received by the due dates and arrangements cannot be made between the owner and the client then the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The guest will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the Property.
Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full rental payment at the time of booking.
Methods of payment
7. By the transfer of Euros direct into the owners' French bank account. This method is free, quick and secure.
Alternatively payments can be made in sterling (calculated at the relevant rate and agreed with the owner) by direct transfer
to the owners' UK bank account.
PayPal payments are also acceptable although any fees payable to PayPal will be charged to the guest.
The owner is unable to accept credit or debit card payments unless through PayPal.
Returnable Security deposit
8. A returnable security deposit of £250.00 or 288.00€ is required by bank transfer 48 hours prior to your holiday start date. This will be returned to you minus any costs of damage or breakages to the gite and its contents within 48 hours of your end of holiday leaving date. We reserve the right to extend this 48 hour period if quotations are required for repairs to damage which may take longer than 48 hours to obtain. However, this security deposit shall not limit the guest's liability to the owner should the level of damage exceed the deposit. Please note clause 11 regarding holiday insurance covering this damage.
9. Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period ie. for electricity, Taxe de Sejour etc. will be settled with the owners on site, before departure. Failure to do so will result in the expense being deducted from the security deposit. Please note if booking through Air BNB the Taxe De Sejour will already have been paid. so no extra charge for this will be due.
10. Cancellation will result in the loss of the non-refundable deposit, and if the cancellation is within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period the balance of the rental fees will be due. If the holiday has been fully paid for and then cancelled, the owner will attempt to re-let the property. If this is successful the rental fee will be refunded less the deposit and any re-advertising and administration costs.
11. The owner has insurance to cover third party risks in relation to the property. This does not include third party liability for actions taken by occupants of the property. The guest is strongly advised to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc., since these are not covered by the owner's insurance. This needs to include damage to the property which exceeds the security deposit.
Arrival and departure
12. The rental period commences not before 4.00pm on the first day and ends at 10.00am on the last day. The guest is asked not to arrive before 4.00pm (unless by prior arrangement) as this will delay preparation of the property. No facilities or accommodation will be made available to the guest or their party before this time. The guest shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after 10.00am on the final day and is asked to ensure that they vacate the properties and facilities by this time in order not to delay preparation for the next guests. If no guests are due to arrive then a special arrangement to leave later may be possible with the express permission of the owner.
Conditions of Occupation
13. The maximum number to sleep in each of the properties must not exceed four people + baby unless the owner has given express permission.
14. All persons who stay in the properties must be named and ages of children stated on the booking form and no other person may stay in the properties or use there facilities without the express permission of the owner.
The person who booked must ensure their party are made fully aware of the rules that apply within the properties and there facilities. The person who booked will be responsible for any damage caused by their party.
15. The guest agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and facilities and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner reserves the right to make a charge of 40€ or £35 (which will be retained from the security deposit) to cover cleaning costs if the guest does not leave the property as it was found or in an unacceptable condition in any other way. Photographic evidence of the condition will be made if such a charge is levied.
16. Guests who book there holiday accommodation at the Fontchauvaux site must be aware and comply with our no smoking policy. This applies in the cottages and all the garden areas.
17. Fontchauvaux is a peaceful area and the guests agrees not to act in any way which could cause a disturbance.
18. The guest and their party acquire no rights whatever over the property excepting occupation as a holiday let for the period booked. The guest shall not sub-let the property.
19. The guest shall report to the owner without delay any defects or damage in the property or it's facilities, or any breakdown or defect in machinery or appliances. Arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made by the owner as soon as possible and the guest will be informed of any charges liable, either directly or taken from security deposit. The cost of repair/replacement for damage found or items missing after the guest leaves will be charged to the guest and deducted from the security deposit.
20. The owner shall not be liable to compensate the guest for occurrences outside the control of the owner such as:-
a. for any temporary defect or stoppage of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, appliance in the property or garden.
b. for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes and other matters beyond the control of the owner;
c. for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the guest if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period rendering it unlettable. In such an event the owner shall notify the guest as soon as possible and within seven days of that notification refund to the guest all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
d. if an advertised facility is modified or not available, for example, due to necessary maintenance, unsuitable weather conditions or local circumstances.
21. Under no circumstances shall the owner's liability to the guest exceed the amount paid to the owner for the rental period.
22. The use of the properties and there facilities is entirely at the user's risk and no responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the user's or visitor's belongings. Children must be properly supervised when using the facilities. No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
23. Pets are allowed on the properties only with the express permission of the owner. The guest will be liable for any pets they allow onto the properties and will be charged for any damage caused or extra cleaning required as a result of their presence.
24. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with the Contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.