Gite Tres Belle Maison Terms & Conditions
(French registered: Siret number: 80791690300014)
When you make your booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
1. Reservation confirmation and Deposit Payment – once your booking is received by the owners you will be invoiced confirming the rental period and the agreed rental cost; requesting a deposit payment of 25% with immediate effect to secure your reservation. If payment is not received within 7 working days it may be necessary to cancel your reservation unless otherwise agreed in writing. The owners accept payment via secure methods which are listed on the reservation invoice.
2. Right to refuse - The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking without an explanation. In the event of this happening the guest will be advised in writing of any such refusal and all payment will be refunded to the guest.
3. A security deposit - £200 (two hundred pounds sterling or equivalent) will be held in the form of a cheque upon arrival and will be returned in full after a departure inspection has been conducted. You will be informed of any issues as soon as possible and an amicable charge agreed.
4. Balance of the rental and Security Deposit - payable not less than 8 weeks before the start of the rental period. If the balance is not received within the stated period the owners will contact the guest by e-mail or telephone to advise them accordingly. Whatever the outcome of such contact the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled.
5. Full payment - Reservations made within 8 weeks of commencement of the rental require full payment at the time of booking.
6. Dishonoured cheques - will automatically cancel any reservation made, and the owners will advise the guest accordingly.
7. Rental period shall commence at 2.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day, unless agreed otherwise in advance.
8. Local Taxes - All published rates are inclusive of local taxes at the current rate.
9. Prices - We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. This does not affect bookings already made.
10. Guests - The maximum number of people residing at the gite must not exceed 4 unless permission has been granted by the owners in writing. If any guest is exceeding these numbers in the property or on the owners land a surcharge will apply per person per night (over the age of 2). The property is not large enough to host 5 people comfortably.
11. Provisions - The owners will provide bedding, bed linen, tea towels, personal towels and linen for the cot if required. Beach towels can be provided upon request. In addition to kitchen cutlery, crockery and glass. A BBQ (portable - should you wish to take it to the beach) and equipment.
Arrival packages can be provided (and charged) with notice, please inform the owners of your requirement in advance.
12. Guest Care - The guest and their party agree to be considerate tenants, take good care of the property and its contents and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay. The owners reserve the right to make retention from the security deposit of £10 per hour to cover cleaning costs if the guest leaves it in an unacceptable condition. The guest also agrees not to act in any way that might cause disturbance to neighbouring homes.
13. Owners Care - The owners agree to be considerate proprietors who take good care of the property and its contents; offering the guest a good standard of accommodation and privacy.
14. Equipment - The guest shall report to the owners without delay any defects in the property of breakdowns of failure of equipment of appliances. The owners will then be able to rectify these failures at the earliest opportunity.
15. Contract - Once the owners confirm the booking, these booking conditions form part of the contract.
16. Liability - The owners shall not be liable to the guest:
a - For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property or gardens.
b - For any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability exceed the amount paid to the owners for the rental period.
c - For the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the owners.
d - For the loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the guest if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event the owners shall within seven days of notification to the guest refund all sums paid if accommodation within Tres Belle Maison Bed & Breakfast is not a suitable alternative.
17. Cancellation by the Guest - We are a small business, so cancellations can have a big impact on us, especially if we have turned away potential guests in favour of someone who has already booked, who then cancels. We do, however, appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene, and we try to be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
If cancellation is made prior to 8 weeks before the rental period then a 75% refund will be made less any bank charges, unless the period is rebooked; if so 100% will be refunded less any bank charges. If cancellation is made less than 8 weeks before the rental period 50% refund will be made less any bank charges, unless the period is rebooked; if so 100% will be refunded less any bank charges.
Guests failing to arrive, without notification, will be responsible to a charge equivalent to the total reservation price.
We take all Bookings in good faith, as we are unable to judge reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival, guests are reminded that no exceptions to the above conditions will be made and that any booking made with Gite Tres Belle Maison for either accommodation or goods, services, meals or drinks that are pre booked (verbal or written) forms a legally binding contract. For this reason we advise that you take out a suitable travel insurance to cover against unexpected costs such as cancellation fees. In addition, we may take legal action, through the Courts, to recover any outstanding debts.
18. Cancellation by Us - Should it become necessary for us to cancel a booking we will contact you immediately. Any payments made will be refunded in full. Should you wish to, we will attempt to book you into the Tres Belle Maison Chambre d'hote (Bed & Breakfast) of a similar grading. Our liability will not extend beyond these conditions.
19. Car Parking - A private gated driveway for parking is available for guests outside the Gite. Cars parked off road here are at owner’s risk.
20. Damage and Breakages - Please take care of our home. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur especially if you accidentally spill something – it’s much easier to clean if we know what it is and act quickly. We do not normally charge for breakages, but we reserve the right to charge for repair or making good if the damage is significant.
21. Keys - You are given a set of keys upon arrival. You have full responsibility of these keys for the duration of your stay. Lost keys will be charged at £20.00 per set.
22. Lost Property - We are happy to return items that have been left following departure. However, there will be a minimum charge of £5.00 to cover postage and packaging.
23. Missing Items - We reserve the right to charge for missing items.
24. Pets - Permitted with prior notice. They are not allowed onto the furniture or bedding. Dog mess in the garden must be cleared up immediately and disposed of suitably. The owners must be informed if the animal has defecated inside the property and professional cleaning charges may occur.
25. Smoking - The owners operate a NO smoking policy inside the gite for the comfort of future guests. Any guest disregarding this condition will forfeit their security deposit. Outside smokers bins are provided. Please note that offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for professional cleaning of any rooms.
26. Termination Policy - Tres Belle Maison reserve the right, at its discretion, to terminate, without notice, an individual’s stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others. In such circumstances any outstanding account must be settled, no refunds will be made.
27. Wi-Fi Access - By using our Wi-Fi Service you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of use below (the "Terms"). If you do not agree to all of the Terms, please do not use the Service.
28. Internet Services - Tres Belle Maison provides you with access to the internet in most parts of the building. By accessing the service using either medium you are agreeing to obey the terms and conditions listed below (the “Terms”). If you do not agree to the terms, please do not access the service.
Fair Use - We would like to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable internet experience whilst staying with us. We have therefore implemented a ‘fair use’ policy to ensure that we can continue to provide a fast and reliable service.
We may monitor the performance of our network and the use of it by our guests. If we notice that a guest is using it in excess of what is expected from reasonable normal use and where such excessive use is affecting other guests, particularly during busy times, we may restrict usage. If you do not use file sharing software or download large files from the internet then you should not be affected by our fair use policy. However, if it becomes clear that heavy downloading, peer-to-peer networking, or excessive streaming (i.e. more than simply streaming programme content from websites such as BBC iPlayer, 4 On Demand, or itv.com) is taking place then we may contact you to ask you to reduce your use to allow our other customers to share the system fairly. If you continue to do so, or if you persistently exceed normal use to the extent that it affects our network and other user’s enjoyment of the service, then we reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to the network.
Our Obligation to You - We will use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that you are provided with a reasonable service. We will not be liable however, for any reason if the service is not available at any time for any period, nor for any loss of data or damage to the equipment you suffer as a result of using our service. We may suspend access at any time and for any reason, including routine or emergency maintenance of the servers. For this reason we strongly recommend that you regularly save any work you are doing whilst using the service.
Your Obligation to Us - The service we provide is intended to be used for general purposes, including accessing the World Wide Web, email, messaging services and chat rooms. You undertake to us that you will use the services responsibly and that you will behave in a lawful, honest and proper manner when accessing the services. Without prejudice to any other provision of this agreement, we may terminate your use of the service at any time without notice if we become aware of any behaviour that has a negative effect on our equipment or network or the use by other customers of our equipment or network or the internet in general, or which damages, or has the potential to damage, our reputation.
Without prejudice to the generality of the paragraph above, you may not: use the service for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to breaching any intellectual property or computer misuse legislation and downloading or uploading any illegal material); send any unsolicited commercial email (or “spam”) or any activity relating to it; carry out any “hacking” activities such as attempting to access systems without authorization or carry out denial of service attacks.
29. Data Protection - You may be required to provide us with certain personal information. We will use such personal information in accordance with relevant data protection legislation. You warrant and undertake to us that all of the personal information you provide us with is complete and accurate. We will not disclose any personal information which is provided by you during the provision of such services to you to any third party without your permission, other than
To any subcontractors or agents engaged by us to provide any support or administration, facilities management or similar services (subject to the subcontractors and /or agents undertaking to keep such personal information confidential);
To any company or organisation to which we transfer our responsibilities to provide these services and products to you; or
Where required by law or made in connection with legal or regulatory proceedings.
We may log traffic data to assist us with the implementation of our terms and conditions and our fair use policy, although it is our policy to respect your privacy.
Breach of Agreement - We shall investigate any suspect breach of the agreement by you, and reserve the right to take such action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, including suspension or withdrawal of the service with immediate effect and without notice to you.
Disclaimer - You acknowledge that use of the service is entirely at your own risk. The service is provided on an “as-available” basis, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we hereby exclude all and any warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect of the service and the content or data obtained or downloaded from it.
Without prejudice to the foregoing generality we do not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, and secure of error free at all times or will meet your requirements; and we are not responsible for security, integrity, accuracy, suitability or completeness of any information that you transmit or receive while using the service.
The disclaimer within this paragraph does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Proprietor: Susan Saunders
Tres Belle Maison Chambre d'hote & Gite
Tel: 0033 2 92 28 70 51
Siret number: 80791690300014